Frequently Asked Questions
I have food allergies and dietary restrictions. Can I still enjoy your products?
- As with all food allergies, you would need to consult the list of ingredients to determine if any given product is safe for you to consume. Our products are vegan, gluten free and made with all natural flavours and colours.
Are CANNAFRICA Products tested on animals?
- No, our products are not tested on animals.
Is CANNAFRICA CBD oil vegan-friendly?
- Yes, completely. Our products are completely Vegan Friendly.
Are hemp and cannabis the same?
- Although they belong to the same genus of plants, hemp has been selectively bred to maintain a minuscule THC content. Hemp has no psychotropic or intoxicating effects—it cannot get you high
What is CBC?
- Short for Cannabichromene; a phytocannabinoid found in cannabis that has little to no intoxicating effects. Studies indicate that Cannabichromene may help with inflammation.
What is CBD?
- Short for cannabidiol; a phytocannabinoid found in the cannabis; does not result in intoxication and is currently being studied for multiple potential positive effects in humans and animals.
What is CBG?
Short for Cannabigerol; known as the “parent cannabinoid” and is the chemical precursor to THC and CBD. Studies indicate that Cannabigerol may assist in the maintenance and protection of the nervous system and may assist in relaxing you.
What is CBN?
- Short for cannabinol; a phytocannabinoid found in cannabis; it is produced when THC is metabolized and has little to no intoxicating effects. Studies indicate that Cannabinol may assist with sleep.
Does CBD have any side effects?
- Despite numerous studies on a wide variety of CBD dosages and methods of application, no side effects have been reported. The World Health Organisation has actually noted that Cannabis has a good safety profile.
Can you get high from CBD oil?
- No, it is not possible to get high from CBD oil—as long as it does not contain any psychotropic compounds (THC).
Can your products be traced in a drug test?
- The THC value in our oil is less than 0.02%—within the legal limit—so THC won’t be traceable in any drug test.
What is the best way to use CANNAFRICA Cannabinoid oils?
- CANNAFRICA oils are primarily for oral and sublingual (under the tongue) use. Some people use the oil as a topical, applying the product across damaged or inflamed regions of skin. We do however have CBD Balm which is specially formulated for the skin.
How many drops of CANNAFRICA Cannabinoids drops should I use each time?
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer advice regarding CBD dosage. Please read your Package Insert for more detailed dosage instructions and please consult your Healthcare practitioner if you have any pre-exiting conditions.
Are CANNAFRICA Cannabinoid oils suitable for me, and will it help with my condition?
- Many regard Cannabis oils to be a worthwhile supplement; however, we cannot offer any health or medical advice regarding its use. We strongly encourage you to conduct your own research into the matter.
Are CANNAFRICA oils lab tested?
- Yes, we test and monitor our oils throughout its production process to ensure the utmost safety and quality. Results are verified by an independent third-party organisation. You can find the analyses here.
Can CBD help with epileptic seizures?
- Unfortunately, we are not allowed to make any medical claims. However, there are a variety of high-quality articles on the subject available online. Thorough research is always recommended when dealing with a serious disease such as epilepsy, and we highly recommend that you consult your GP or medical practitioner when in doubt. In summer 2018, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the first-ever oral CBD spray to treat two rare forms of severe epilepsy: Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
Can I vaporize CANNAFRICA oils?
- No, CANNAFRICA oils are not suitable for vaporizing as we use hemp seed oil as a carrier. You should never vaporize a heavy oil designed for oral ingestion as they contain lipids. While ingesting lipids is part of a healthy and balanced diet, inhaling them can cause exogenous lipoid pneumonia (ELP)—a serious lung condition.
How do I store CANNAFRICA oils?
- Light, heat, and air exposure all play a part in the breakdown of natural cannabinoids like CBD, so it is important to defend against them. A kitchen cabinet or desk drawer fully meets these requirements. The temperature of the storage environment should be between 6 – 20 °C.
- It is best to keep CANNAFRICA oils stored at room temperature, out of direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. Exposure to extreme heat or cold can cause CBD degradation. We do not recommend refrigerating or leaving it in your car for a long period of time. When stored properly, CANNAFRICA CBD has a shelf life of two years.
Can I keep CANNAFRICA oils in the fridge?
- Yes, CANNAFRICA oils can be kept in the fridge for an extended period of time. Lower temperatures can affect the colour and viscosity of the product. There might be some precipitation (looks like flakes falling out of the oil), but it will go away when it is back at room temperature. There is no loss of potency, and it won’t damage the product.
- Re-crystallization is normal with Cannabinoid products. We recommend shaking the bottle before each use to prevent re-crystallization and to evenly distribute the active ingredient throughout.
What can I expect when using the product?
- We are not legally allowed to make any claims about CANNAFRICA Products, but our products may provide relief from pain, mild to moderate anxiety, inflammation, sleep problems.
How do I use the tinctures?
- We suggest placing the drops under your tongue and holding it there for 30-60 seconds before swallowing.
If you have or suspect a medical condition or are taking any medications, please consult your physician before use.